When it comes to weddings, there is one thing many couples can agree on: Size matters.
Some brides dream of saying their vows in front of dozens – if not hundreds – of guests, but many 2020 couples are now looking for alternate options as restrictions on group gatherings endure. The decision between getting it done quickly at a courthouse, postponing their wedding until 2021, or finding a solution somewhere in between can feel quite daunting.
Small weddings were trending long before COVID-19 was part of our lexicon, but now these intimate affairs are more popular than ever – and present couples a unique chance to reconsider how their special day will look. Here’s how to give your small wedding all the wow of a big event.
- Plan a destination wedding. Ever wanted to get married in a far-off destination? Now you can! With only your nearest and dearest on board, it’s easier to coordinate travel plans to the wedding destination of your dreams. We can’t think of anything more romantic than getting married on the shore at sunset or under the ancient oak trees here in Old Town Bluffton.
- Upgrade your invitations and guest “SWAG.” If you have a guest list with over 150 people, you may not have as much wiggle room in your budget for things like elaborate invitations and save-the-dates. But if you’re keeping it to 50 guests or less, you can surprise them with something like “welcome boxes,” filled with locally-made goodies, gorgeous stationery, fun party favors, and the weekend’s itinerary. This idea is especially useful for destination weddings or when hosting out-of-town guests. For some unique goodies, stop and see us- we carry Bluffton’s largest selection of teas, local honey, sweets, and more!
- It’s all in the details. A small event is a perfect excuse to go above and beyond with detailed decor. From hand-strung fairy lights to the perfect place settings, you can spend less time on seating charts, and more time perfecting venue aesthetics.
- Amp-up the menu. Your wedding meal is one of the most important parts of the day, but it can also account for a significant portion of your budget. With fewer tables to serve, you may be able to splurge on upscale food and drink that would be otherwise cost-prohibitive.
- Design your dream cake. The only thing that could make your five-course dinner complete is a slice of delicious wedding cake. Like the dinner menu, a smaller guest list leads to more time, attention, and funds available to make your cake special. Our bakery is known for using only the finest ingredients to craft our pies, pastries, and scones every day, and our cakes are no exception. Each wedding cake from The Cottage is custom made to compliment your flavor preferences, wedding theme, and any dietary restrictions, all while maintaining the highest standard of quality.
- Spend more time with your loved ones. With a big wedding, it is easy to spend hours greeting your guests without ever getting past the “Congrats!” part of the conversation. With a smaller wedding, you have the chance to make meaningful conversation with everyone in attendance, in turn making the event more memorable for yourself and your guests. Who wouldn’t want that?
You deserve nothing but the best on your wedding day, and The Cottage is here to help. Our showstopping cakes are sure to wow your crowd – big OR small.
Give us a call at 843-757-0508 for a free wedding cake consultation today!